Android fans across the board know that their developers like to hide easter eggs in their OS. This isn’t new, as it started with Gingerbread version. In the past it has been birds, which they appear to be changing up thanks to Neko Atsume.
Yes, that means you can now collect cats on Nougat! Android’s secret is now being shared so you can take notes ahead of time of the new OS and plan on being that “crazy” cat person. However, no one who is a fan of cats is really “crazy”. But let’s get back to topic.
Here are the steps on how Android Nougat users can adopt these virtual cats.
- Go to settings
- Select about phone
- Android Version a couple of times
- A large N logo will appear, keep tapping until a cat appears beneath the N
- Pull down your notification center
- Select edit
- Scroll down until a tile with a cat and “????” appear
- Select that tile
- Drag into your notification drawer
- That tile turns into an empty dish tile
- Select the empty dish tile and pick one of the options (Bits, Fish, Chicken, or Treat)
- Touch and hold on the now filled dish tile
- A blank screen will appear, which is normal. All that is left is now to wait until a notification from Android Neko shows up.
- Select the notification and see which cat you have caught. From there you can name it and keep it. Or you can delete it, but if you went through all of the trouble to catch it, why delete it?
This is pretty fun news. As someone who loves cats, I think this could be a lot of fun for Android users. Too bad Apple doesn’t do this, but alas you cannot have everything.
How many of my Android fans will be trying this out on the Android Nouget OS?