I admit, I am tough on my electronics. Since I work from home and use them in my daily life, they get a lot of use. That includes scanners for when I was a freelancing more back in the day. I had one of those 4-in-one printers from some other brand and it had a flatbed scanner. That thing got a lot of use, even more than the printer. However, somehow down the line it stopped scanning. It was a sad time for me, but I quickly moved on.
Fast forward to last spring, when I had to BUY a new one. It was for my job and I knew that I was going to need to buy one sooner than later. Thus, I chose the Epson WorkForce DS-30 and I haven’t regretted it. In fact, I love it for just how simple it is.
The device looks much like those other portable, receipt scanners that are popular. It appears to be Epson’s attempt at that and I was slightly worried it may not work the way I needed it to. However, I was shocked to see how well it performed, as well as being an easy plug and play device. It works well with pictures and documents, including ids. Best of all, the price cannot be beat for what you get. Sure, it isn’t the fancy kind, but it works and isn’t as heavy as a flatbed and allows me to use it on different computers if I choose.
Some key features of the DS-30 are the following:
- Scan directly to the cloud with one touch1 — compatible with the most popular cloud services via included software
- Scans a variety of originals — scans documents up to 8.5″ x 14″, as well as business cards and plastic I.D. cards
- Lightweight and travel-friendly — the portability you need to capture data while on the road; weighs under 1 lb
- USB powered — connect to your computer; no external power supply required
- Create editable text and searchable PDFs — OCR and document management suite included for PDF and PDF/A files
- Compatible with Windows® and Mac — ideal for any business setup
- Powerful software included — Epson® Document Capture Pro, ABBYY® FineReader®, NewSoft® PageManager® (for Mac) and more
- RoHS compliant
- Recyclable product2
- Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWaySM Transport Partner3
Have you tried the Epson WorkForce DS-30 or any other slim form scanners?